A mechanical stonemasonry from the 1800
RÅBÄCKS MEKANISKA STENHUGGERI
This was the site of the old stoneworks of the 1800s with its stockpiles, three workers’ housing buildings with outhouses and harbor. It began operation in the late 1930s and employed 15 men in the mid-1960s. The stoneworks was closed in 1970. Of the mechanical equipment, only the big frame saw remains in the new shop, while the old shop is well preserved, with four stonecutting machines, a sander, a stone crane, a smithy and a galley. Other memories of the stoneworking era include the harbor near Hällekis camping and the stoneworks with the tall chimney at Gössäter.