The centrally located church in Kristinehamn was designed by professor C.G Brunius and opened in 1858.
The church represents the breakthrough of neo-Gothic architecture in Sweden, both as a building style and as a matter of materials and building technology.
The character of the Neo-Gothic is red brick facades with sharply profiled wall openings, brick blinds and geometric ornamentation. Building the church took eleven years. The architect was Carl-Georg Brunius from Lund. Altar arrangement from 1717 and stately pulpit from 1750. Baptismal font from the 13th century carved in sandstone. Triumphal crucifix from the 14th century.
Three brass chandeliers from the 17th century. A number of epitaphs from the 17th and 18th centuries. Three bells hang in the two towers, the oldest from 1665, the largest from 1724 and weighing two tons.
The main entrance has a ramp for wheelchair access. There is a listening loop for the church loudspeaker.
Guided tours can be ordered at the pastor's office.